Minchenden Lodge was originally built by the Earl of Chandos and is featured in the 'History of Southgate'. Queen Victoria and Prince Albert stayed there when opening the Colney Hatch Hospital and of later times Minchenden Lodge was converted into a private hotel.
It was acquired and re-opened by Scimitar in 1973 as the first Care Hotel in the group portfolio. It paved the way for the future of Scimitar Care Hotels PLC and established itself as the only care facility at that time to offer hotel class accomodation. It provides for 25 Residents and is about 3 minutes walk from Southgate Circus on the Piccadilly tube line and is ideally situated for local shopping and all amenities.
Being an older property and the first Care Hotel established by Scimitar, there is a quite unique character atmosphere of warmth and homeliness in what may be described as a forgotten corner of Southgate. This may appeal more to those Residents not seeking a larger or more expansive abode. There is single and double room accommodation situated on ground and first floor and some have ensuite facilities.
The Lounge, Dining Room, staff room and kitchen are all situated within easy reach and all the bedrooms are light and airy with a homely atmosphere in keeping with the character of the building.
- The hotel caters for a maximum of 25 residents
- Residence on long or short term (respite) basis
- Respite bookings taken up to a year in advance
- Double/shared rooms available upon request
- Communal areas including television lounge
- Visitors welcomed and encouraged at all times
- Fully licensed bar
- Some rooms have en-suite facilities
- Room service and daily papers
- Private telephone and television in every room
- Personal laundry service
- All meals freshly prepared on the premises
- Special dietary needs fully catered for
- Spacious dining room
- 24 hour staff cover and emergency call facilities
- All personal care needs attended for
- Frequent GP site visits arranged
- Hairdresser, Chiropodist, Dentist and Optician
- Daily activities arranged, trips away catered
- Dementia care and palliative care supported
- Passenger lifts